Samsung touts all the benefits you’ll get by pre-ordering and getting the S23 phone directly from them, such as great trade-in values:
- Guaranteed trade-in credit on multiple Galaxy phone purchases, including trade-in credit for phones with cracked screens and higher trade-in value for Galaxy devices.
- Samsung Offer Program, which includes additional savings for eligible students, military, first responders and corporate partner employees.
- 0% APR financing with no down payment, and pay in 4 installments with confidence
- Samsung Care+ extended coverage including:
- Device protection against drops, spills and mechanical breakdown
- Same Day Cracked Screen Repair at 700+ Samsung Authorized Locations
- Replacements as soon as next business day
- Samsung expert support is available 24/7 to set up a new device, transfer content and connect to other devices
The Samsung Galaxy S23 series may be priced similarly
The leaked Galaxy S23 line prices in Korea translate to $1250 for the S23 Ultra, implying that the Galaxy S23, S23+ and S23 Ultra prices will remain unchanged in the US when the exchange rate is taken into account. Usually, price tags on Samsung’s home turf are slightly higher in dollar terms than the phones end up being when they arrive stateside, and there have been reports in Korean media that the phones will cost a bit more domestically due to component inflation.
For the S22 Ultra, Samsung stuck the S Pen into the phone’s body, put a better screen, but charged the same, hence the $799 Galaxy S23 starting price, the $999 tag for the Galaxy S23+, and the sweet $1199 Galaxy S23 Ultra price point for the base storage versions. The 128GB models will only be available in a very few countries, and since most of the world, including the US, was likely to get 256GB of starting storage for the price of last year’s 128-gigs, this is actually a sweet deal.
Galaxy S23 Ultra vs Galaxy S23 Plus vs Galaxy S23 Specs Expected
A Samsung-exclusive overclocked Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will power all three phones, so let’s preview all the rumored Galaxy S23 series specs to easily pull the pre-order trigger on the S23, S23+ or Ultra.
As you can see from the S23 series specs listed here, Samsung will beef up its 2023 flagship line crop with a faster processor and 5G modem available for Android phones, putting its specs on par with even Apple’s A-series chipsets.
Also, despite having bigger batteries and more base storage, the Galaxy S23 and S23+ are expected to launch at the same price point, with LTPS display technology with a wider refresh rate range.
However, Samsung has pulled out all the stops for the Galaxy S23 Ultra, not only with a new 200MP camera, but also widening the spec gap from its sibling, predicting that more sales will go to its flagship 2023 phone. Now, and with good reason. The S23 booking bonus you can get here will definitely help offset the price difference.